SOLD - Quad II Classic monoblock valve amplifiers - modern recreation of a classic
Don't be fooled by these classic looking Quad monoblock valve amplifiers... while they ape the originals from the 1950s, Quad re-released the Quad II Classic in the noughties, with modern internal components to match the best from the time.
This matching pair (serial numbers Q2C 0787 and 0788) look stunning and, vitally, sound amazing. All the valves are visually in excellent condition and the unit is working exactly as you would hope.
External condition of the units is very good, but with a couple of small marks highlighted in the pictures.
These amplifiers come with their original packing boxes and external shipping box, and I will further double box them for added security. I will not ship with any power leads unless you ask me to, and these I will then send separately to avoid any risk of the plugs damaging the units in transit.
Below is a specification of the amplifiers, although I expect if you are looking at these, you possibly know what you are looking at anyway!
Any questions, just ask.
- Amp: Tube monoblock power
- Tube: 2x EF86/KT66, 1x GZ34
- Output: 15W (11.8dBW into 8O)
- Freq response: 10–20k Hz, ±0.2dB
- Sensitivity: 570mV (rated power)
- Rated load impedance: 8 ohms
- Damping factor: 11.75 at 700Hz
- THD: 0.08% at 12W/700Hz
- Residual hum and noise: >–90dB
- Dimensions (WHD): 315 x 165 x 120mm
- Weight: 18.25 lbs (8.3kg)
The photographs show the actual item being sold. I use a studio to show the items in as much detail as possible.